When you are trying to get a payday loan today, you may want to use a service that can connect you with the right lender. This sort of “middleman” can be very useful when you are trying to get one of these loans, but it’s important to consider going through a direct lender. When you take the time to weigh these options, you can make the right overall decision. You don’t want to move forward until you take the time to look at both of these options.
What is a Middleman?
A middleman in the borrowing world is a business or website that helps to connect you with a lender to match your needs. You fill out an initial application the states what you are looking for in a loan so they have something to go off of. These businesses typically have an entire network of lenders that they send your information out to.
Benefits of Using a Middleman for a Payday Loan
There are some key benefits to using a middleman when looking for a payday loan, including:
- Save time: Using this sort of middleman service can potentially help you to save yourself quite a bit of time. You won’t have to spend a lot of time researching individual lenders, as the service will do this for you.
- Large networks of lenders: Most of these businesses have networks that are made up of dozens or even hundreds of lenders. This increases your chances of finding the right lender to match your needs exactly.
- Fast process: You shouldn’t have to wait very long to get a match with a lender that can provide you with the loan you need. Most of these services get back to their clients within 24 hours of receiving the initial application.
Drawbacks of Using a Middleman
You will also need to review some of the drawbacks associated with using a middleman to get you a payday loan.
- It’s less secure: Using a middleman to obtain a payday loan is inherently less secure because your information is given to so many different lenders. This increases the potential for identity theft and other issues.
- You might need to pay: Some middlemen services that help people find lenders charge a fee for their services. Sometimes the fee is collected from the customer, while other businesses get it from the actual lenders.
What is a Direct Lender?
A direct lender is the actual private lending company that gives out payday loans. If you get a loan from a direct lender, you aren’t going through a middleman at all. It is essentially when you go on a lender’s website and fill out an application with them.
Benefits of Using a Direct Lender for a Payday Loan
Some of the main benefits of using a direct lender for a payday loan include:
- It’s secure: Assuming that you apply for a payday loan on a secure website, you should have nothing to worry about. The information that you submit will only go to the one lender. There is a very slim chance of your personal details falling into the wrong hands.
- The personal touch: Some people prefer to look for a direct lender to borrow from on their own. This will give you complete control over who you borrow from. You won’t be depending on anyone else to meet your needs.
- No fee: There is usually no fee for just filling out a payday loan application on a direct lender’s website. This will help you save a little bit of money, which is always nice.
Why Get a Payday Loan?
There are tons of different reasons to consider getting a payday loan. These loans can be very helpful when you are in a pinch and need fast cash. If you are approved, you can get the money you need the same day that you apply. This has become of the most popular borrowing options for people with bad credit. The standards for approval aren’t nearly as high as with bank loans. This means that you probably have a pretty good shot at getting approved.
Before you decide to go through a direct lender or use a middleman for your payday loan, it is crucial that you examine the facts. This will help you to choose an option that will benefit you the most. A lot of people choose to go through direct lenders because it gives them the ability to research lenders themselves in depth. If you are going to go this route, make sure that you take a close look at some of your options. You don’t want to choose the wrong lender, because it can mean a lot of frustration and problems later on.